[cma-l] On Record: Call Out for Artists

Tamar Millen tamar.millen at commedia.org.uk
Tue Aug 19 12:05:32 BST 2014

+++ Call Out for Work +++

On Record: Call Out for Artists

Freya Dooley and Cinzia Mutigli

We are inviting artists who make audio and performance work to
contribute to our project, 'On Record' a project commissioned for
Cardiff Contemporary Festival, taking place between 27th October and 2nd
November 2014.

We would like artists to be involved in the project through commissions
for new work and the inclusion of existing works by artists who use
analogue processes to make or present their work. Therefore, we are
looking to include sound pieces recorded on vinyl or audiotape and live
performances of works that experiment with a DIY approach to
compilation, words, collage and sampling.

There is potential for artists to contribute in one or more aspects of
the project. The exhibition venue will be a centrally located shop space
in Cardiff that will be able to accommodate both private and shared
listening.

We are offering a fee of £300 to commission new work. There will be
additional fees available to present existing works.

If you're interested in being part of this project, please email Cinzia
and Freya atonrecordproject at gmail.com by Friday 22nd August 2014. Please
include:
·   A link to your webpage.
·   Up to three audio files in mp3 format - five minutes maximum length.
·   A short statement about your practice.

Please feel free to get in touch with any questions.

http://www.primarilyanonmusicalband.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/on-record-call-out-for-artists.html

--
Tamar Millen
Arts Coordinator