[cma-l] Leading Entrepreneur to address Community FM conference

Cormac Lawler cormac at radioregen.org
Tue Sep 17 16:41:02 BST 2013

Big Life group CEO at Community FM Connect:Transmit Conference

Social enterprise lies at the heart of community radio success - and with revenue being at the top of the sector's concerns we felt that a leading social entrepreneur at the conference would be really useful to anyone involved in running a station. So, we're very glad to announce that the CEO of the Big Life Group, Fay Selvan, will be joining us in Manchester on October 5th for the Community FM Connect:Transmit conference.

'The Big Life group creates opportunities for people to change their lives' - that's their mission and it's one that must be shared by community radio stations.  The group runs health services, young people and family services as well as The Big Issue In the North - so we can be pretty sure that Fay understands how media plays a role in social gain.  She will be hosting a workshop where delegates will have the chance to hear her story and ask questions on how to sustain a successful social enterprise.  In short she is inspiring to listen to - with a track record that is very relevant to our sector.

Big Life's website says;

'Fay started working as a social entrepreneur in 1991 and established The Big Life group in 2002. Working in primary health care, self help, childcare, family support, employment and training, the group operates from Liverpool to Grimsby offering a wide range of opportunities to people who have the least. Fay has worked on the Boards of various health and social care initiatives and chaired Trafford Healthcare Trust  and the Trafford Children and Young peoples Board, she won the Social Enterprise Leader Award in 2011'

Conference tickets: £25

www.connecttransmit.org.uk/conference/ for details

All welcome!

Cormac Lawler
Connect:Transmit co-ordinator
www.connecttransmit.org.uk
0161 234 2799

Radio Regen
46 Oldham Street, Green Fish Resource Centre, Manchester, M4 1LE
www.radioregen.org

Registered Charity No 1077763