[cma-l] Streaming Advice needed

Gary Jackson gary.jackson1 at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 28 14:01:33 BST 2011

This is actually a personal question as I can't obtain answers anywhere
else, but I would be grateful for any advice, and my station does use
canstream ;-) .

I'm testing to see whether I can host my own stream at home. I know
there are licences to be bought but I'm not there yet!

SAM Broadcaster's encoder is streaming to the icecast2 server.

Icecast says it's runnng, and even gives the listener url in it's mount
screen, but connecting to the url constantly times out. It's my public
url not localhost.

http://canyouseeme.org/ says my port is open and it can see my service.

Puzzled...

Gary