[cma-l] Streaming Advice needed

Eddie Stuart eddie at kcr.fm
Fri Oct 28 15:38:43 BST 2011

Hi Gary,

I would guess that its a bandwidth problem which is why we send 1 stream to Canstream and they stream to however many listeners.....

Also, if you are on domestic broadband you probably have a contention ratio of 50:1 (as opposed to 10:1 for business) so you could theoretically be sharing your notional broadband rate with 49 other people. If they all upload big files at the same time, you will notice a big slowdown in your upload speed.

Remember that your download speed is what ISPs quote you, your upload speed is almost certainly less......

Hope that that helps?

Cheers,

Eddie