[cma-l] London Event: Taking the Mic (14th November)

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Fri Oct 28 12:12:40 BST 2011

------------------------------
     Email not displaying correctly? View it in your
browser.<http://e.radioacademy.org/_act/link.php?mId=C85535114082047592041044524299&tId=59593962>
 [image:
Taking The Mic]<http://e.radioacademy.org/_act/link.php?mId=C85535114082047592041044524299&tId=59593963>

*Are you a presenter trying to work out your next move? Are you a
student/community radio presenter looking for your first step on the radio
ladder?*

If so, here’s your chance to get some advice on how to make yourself more
attractive to programmers, how to create the best demo, what to do, what to
say and what to expect.

Hosting the event is everyone's favourite, *Annie Mac*. Annie is the
undisputed queen of dance music in the UK and quite possibly the world. What
she doesn't know about making it as a presenter isn't worth knowing. We are
very privileged to have her hosting the event and she'll also be on hand to
give real practical advice to those wanting to be the next... er... Annie
Mac!

On the panel:

*Ric Blaxill - Music and Content Director, Bauer Media*
There is very little Ric hasn’t done in his 25 years in the business. After
being a Senior Producer at Radio 1 he became Executive Producer of Top of
the Pops. He is now Director of Music and Content for Bauer Media.

*Andy Hipkiss - Managing Director, Triple A Media*
Having spent 16 years in the music and radio industry Andy now owns Triple A
Media – a bespoke talent and media company with offices in central London
and Manchester.

*Rhys Hughes - Executive Producer, BBC Radio 1*
Rhys is one of the longest-serving members of staff at BBC Radio 1, having
joined in 1995. He has been Executive Producer for Radio 1 since 2000
overseeing shows including Chris Moyles and Scott Mills.

*Paul Sylvester - Head of Presentation, Absolute Radio*
Paul looks after programmes across the brand’s family of stations. He’s
responsible for finding and developing talent.

There’s also your chance to get your demo heard by the room. That’s right –
we’ll play as many as we can. Don’t be afraid – it’ll be like a group hug
and you never know what might come out of it!

*Demo submission criteria:* Max 2 mins in length - in WAV or MP3 format only
- clearly labelled with your name and emailed to Demo<demo at radioacademy.org>by
*Thursday 10th November*.

[image: Tickets]

*Members:* FREE