[cma-l] DCMS consultation meetings on amendments to communityradio law

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 18:14:00 BST 2011

yep

  _____

From: cma-l-bounces at mailman.commedia.org.uk
[mailto:cma-l-bounces at mailman.commedia.org.uk] On Behalf Of Alan Coote
Sent: 14 October 2011 15:35
To: ian at transplan.uk.com; clive.glover at lineone.net; 'Jaqui Devereux'
Cc: 'cma-l'
Subject: Re: [cma-l] DCMS consultation meetings on amendments to
communityradio law

Hi Ian et al,

In simple terms, Ofcom says "Tell us the Community you wish to cover - and
how you propose doing it.
If you look on Ofcom's published "TX Params", you'll see the stations that
have asked for and got much higher powers and sites.

My direct experience is that this simply not true!

Ofcom hide behind what they have called a 'Policy' to  limit CR to 25 Watts
ERP. The restriction is real and affects many stations outside of remote
parts of Wales and Scotland. There are 21 stations which have great than 25W
ERP.

For the rest of us, the 5km limit is arbitrary and a nonsense. It should be
removed.

Alan

Alan Coote

Business Development Director

The Bay Radio

Office 01202 580200

Studio 01202 571028

Mobile 07801 518858

Email alan.coote at thebayradio.com

Web www.thebayradio.com <http://www.thebayradio.com/>

The Bay Radio, 25B Elliott Road, Bournemouth, BH11 8LQ