[cma-l] Free Community Radio Seminar

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Fri Mar 25 09:49:41 GMT 2011

Dear All

I can’t for minute imagine that these characters will have any interest
whatsoever in listening seriously to any questions posed by ‘’our lot’’   /!
They’ll do what all the money making rackets do in this Country
(service charges / United Utilities additional waste water charges etc etc)
and hide behind laws that were passed years ago by people who were
reasonably clever in seizing the opportunity to levy this charge and then
make it the norm’ so that all the meek and mild nodding dogs come along and
pay !    or try to pay.

Like I’ve said before

 it was legal in America to have ethnic/indigenious
people as slaves, it was legal in this Country to send kids up chimneys and
have em’ working in factories at the age of 13

.. UNTIL someone had
the balls to stand up say                    eh up !     this ain’t
acceptable.

Cee Lo Green puts his cd in a shop for sale

 the moment he does that he
is then at the mercy of someone purchasing it

 that after all is what he
wants us to do.

If the guy who purchases it then does a load of ‘hot copies’ and sells them
at a car boot, he’s breaking the Law               (AGREED)       he’s
making money of the back of Cee Lo’s talent

.. likewise, Commercial
Radio, Nightclubs, Venues etc etc are purchasing the music to use for
themselves to profiteer and make money, I can at least understand the logic
behind some kind of PRS.

I am dreadfully confused however regarding the purchase in relation to
paying royalties.

Cee Lo Green puts his music in a shop

 I go out and buy it, because the
record company won’t give me/us a free copy as they say we ain’t big enough

. So I buy it !                  I then play it on our radio station.
Our radio station is different as we are not here to make profit and we can
prove it. In fact, we are running at a loss. So

 I buy it, promote it, so
that others go out and purchase it and then he and the PRS and all his other
cronies want to charge me MORE money for doing so.

Let me pinch myself to see if I’m dreaming

. Nope !   not dreaming !
IT’S REAL !

I am currently in a slight pickle with the PRS regards the so called
‘EXTRA CHARGES’             I have declared the 12 grand which is in
relation to BROADCASTING DIRECTLY, but they want to NOSEY about all the
other money that we have coming in for our other projects

 I have
offered to send them our accounts. It doesn’t alter the fact that half of
the money has got SOD ALL to do with them, but yet again (hiding behind the
law)   they want their extra butty !

This malarky is a bloody shambles and why (God only knows?)   did the CMA
agree to this ?           it should be one payment, one cheque, send us the
bill, pay the cheque, job done, move on to more important things than arsing
around with more garbage, more money making rackets and more jobs that have
got absolutely nothing to do with why we exist !
absolutely unbelievable !                                 well I’m standing
my ground

.. just like those who shifted slavery and those who shifted
laws that allowed kids up chimneys

.. maybe a poor comparison but
nonetheless a fact

 perhaps similar on a smaller scale ???

I spend my whole life filling forms in and arguing and falling out with
people who are unreasonable. We pay our way, but these guys just want to
milk us. If we make a profit then come and take what you like

. Untill
then                      PUSH OFF !                if I was writing this
letter direct, I wouldn’t use push off!   I’d probably use something else as
that is how brassed off I am !

Like I have said

.. I’ll send Cee Lo Green a bill next week for our
airtime

.. furthermore and finally, if PRS want to charge up and
beyond the basic rate then they can send me a list of all their members and
then I’ll decide who I want to play and who I don’t

.. I might not
want to give Elton John and Lady Gaga 3p each

. But I may want to give
Cliff Richard and Justin Bieber 3p

 thus far, no such list has been
forthcoming.

They want it all roads !                they move the goalposts to suit

well I’ve rung the council and they’ve removed the goalposts.

Stand up and be counted for Gods sake and stop pussyfootying around, this
nonsense has to stop.

And if anyone has got any last doubts about the money making racket, then go
and ask the local butcher  and local hairdresser !               the PRS go
round into the shops demanding money. People who go to the butchers do so to
buy meat, they go to the hairdressers to have their hair cut, they DO NOT go
there to listen to music, it just happens to be on in the background for the
two lads who work there     THIS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN AUDIENCE

..
however, the result of PRS’s behaviour is that they have the audacity to
keep trying to charge us more and more, whilst at the same time keep losing
us listeners. Losing listeners doesn’t help our funding (but of course we
can’t advertise anyway)                   they keep demanding how much we
get through advertising, I keep telling them, we dare not advertise. They
ask again and again and again.                                   People on
this forum then wonder why I write great long e-mails and appear to have an
attitude problem !?

I’m actually fine and dandy

 it’s all the other idiots who have got the
problems.

Send us the music for free and we’ll play it, promote it and pay the PRS
or    don’t send us the music so that we have to buy it
. But don’t charge
us aswell

 cheeky buggers !

Regards