[cma-l] Free Community Radio Seminar

Tony Bailey studio at ravensoundradio.co.uk
Fri Mar 25 09:29:11 GMT 2011

Sorry, I haven't saved this thread, assuming it's only about PRS, they
only deal with composers and publishers (plus MCPS, mechanical, i.e.
right to record composers e.g. recordings of musical performances).

PPL are the recording companies (who may or may not pay performers).

We tried arguing about RSL fees many years ago, they weren't interested
for obvious reasons.  I believe that the ILR companies went to the High
Court to obtain a settlement.

Unless you have bottomless pockets litigation is not an option, however,
they are vulnerable as monopolies and you could point out that they have
a responsibility to comply with standards set by the relevant body which
I think now may be the Competition Commission (if they haven't been
shredded by the cuts!).

Tony Bailey

Local Reports and Vintage Tunes 24/7 at www.ravensoundradio.co.uk

Raven Sound PO Box 1062 Bromley BR1 9QA UK
Tel: (020) 8466 8060  Int: + 44 20 84 66 80 60
Skype: ravensound

Raven Sound is a voluntary sector community media project

This email is for the addressee(s) only and may be confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email
and immediately delete this email. No guarantee is provided that this
email or any attachments are free of viruses.