[cma-l] Wake Up And Smell The Flowers!

Phil Korbel phil.korbel at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 29 10:37:30 BST 2011

Hi everyone

Anyone who's met Henry Loeser will know that he's not the sort of person to
comprimise his position for the sake of tender sensibilities in the room...
and if he's talking about advertising, after 20 years in the industry, why
should he?

So I recommend that anyone involved in the running of community radio
stations should have a look at his provocative essay just posted to the
Community Radio Toolkit.  In a nutshell he says that if we try to sell
advertising as if we were 'just' a radio station then we're missing a trick
- and then some...

http://www.communityradiotoolkit.net/news/wake-up-and-smell-the-flowers/

is where to find it and the comments ...  do join the conversation

best wishes

Phil

PS - and 'while I'm on' - dont forget the excellent mature Broadcasters
event in Bornemouth on Thurs 14th July

http://www.communityradiotoolkit.net/news/sounds-good-to-me-free-one-day-broadcasting-conference/

--
Phil Korbel
Director

Radio Regen is a community, media and urban regeneration charity
A company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales No.
3753832
Registered office: 12 Hilton Street, Manchester, M1 1JF
Registered Charity No. 1077763
www.radioregen.org
www.communityradiotoolkit.net
http://www.radioregen.org/consultancy/<http://www.communityradiotoolkit.net/consult/radio-regen-consultancy/>