[cma-l] Funding for older people to get their voices heard

Kim Townsend kimt at mediatrust.org
Mon Jun 6 16:46:46 BST 2011

Dear all,

In response to Nominet Trust's recent survey<http://mediatrustnews.org/46N-G0LH-19FPQX-691HE-1/c.aspx> that showed older people do not feel that their voices are heard and that the internet can offer a solution to this, we are delighted to announce an extra grant of £20,000<http://mediatrustnews.org/46N-G0LH-19FPQX-68X2G-1/c.aspx> for communities of older people to get their voices heard through digital media.

Our Community Voices project<http://mediatrustnews.org/46N-G0LH-19FPQX-68X2F-1/c.aspx> aims to empower communities who feel unheard due to long-term illness, older age, or disability, to make a meaningful difference to their lives with the help of digital media. Alongside the £20,000 grant, a further seven £500 grants of support and funding will be given to communities.

We have been delighted with the response to our application process so far, with lots of communities telling us about how digital media could give them a voice. But there is now only one week left, so please encourage the communities you work or volunteer with to apply.
<http://mediatrustnews.org/46N-G0LH-19FPQX-68X2G-1/c.aspx>
Apply for support online<http://mediatrustnews.org/46N-G0LH-19FPQX-68X2H-1/c.aspx>, by calling 020 7871 5656 or emailing us.<mailto:communityvoices at mediatrust.org> The closing date is 12 noon on 13 June, so don't delay.

Kim Townsend

Community Voices Outreach Manager

Media Trust

E: kimt at mediatrust.org