[cma-l] Call for Writers & Filmmakers, Short Film Opportunity

Natalie Preece nataliep at ruralmedia.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 12:02:54 GMT 2011

Dear colleague

Please could you circulate the below opportunity?

Apologies for any cross posting.

Kind regards

Natalie Preece

The Rural Media Company

Call for Writers & Filmmakers

Growing Older in the Countryside
Short Film

Britain has an ageing population - and rural areas are ageing faster than towns and cities.  The Rural Media Company is spearheading a campaign to raise awareness of the challenges facing
older people in rural areas.   Our target audience is the general public, particularly those who are considering retirement in the countryside.

We are looking for ideas for a short film (5-10 minutes in length).  It could be a gentle or black comedy, a drama, a shocking public information film, a film with actors, or told in voice-over, a personal story, a mockumentary, etc: whatever most effectively forces us all to think about how we will survive as we get older in the face of shrinking public services.

For the winning idea, we will commission you to write an original screenplay for a minimum fee of £1,000.  We don't wish to discourage anyone from coming up with a good idea, so if you don't have much experience of screenplay writing, we will team you up with a professional.  In due course, we will also be looking to hire a director and crew, with an appropriate track record for turning the winning idea into an award-winning film.

The finished film will be distributed widely via broadcast, to film festivals, the internet and on DVD, via our partners ACRE and Age UK. See additional notes for information about ageing and rural areas.
How to apply

Send your screenplay idea (no more than two sides of A4 please) by 9th February 2011 to Jan Bailey, email janb at ruralmedia.co.uk or post to The Rural Media Company, Sullivan House, 72-80 Widemarsh Street, Hereford HR4 9HG.

We will shortlist three pitches and invite the writers to meet us to discuss their ideas.
The film will go into production in spring 2011.

This project is funded by The Nationwide Foundation.
Our partners are Age UK and ACRE (Action for Communities in Rural England)

You have received this email because you are on our database and we believe you may be interested in this opportunity.  Please email Natalie Preece, nataliep at ruralmedia.co.uk if you wish to be removed from our database or if you would like your contact details updated.

Natalie Preece
Administrative Assistant
The Rural Media Company
Sullivan House
72-80 Widemarsh Street
Hereford
HR4 9HG

T: 01432 344039

F: 01432 270539
E: nataliep at ruralmedia.co.uk
W:www.ruralmedia.co.uk <http://www.ruralmedia.co.uk/>

Keep up to date with Rural Media's activities, sign up to receive our quarterly newsletters, follow this link: www.ruralmedia.co.uk/newsletter <http://www.ruralmedia.co.uk/mailing_list.php>

Registered Charity No:1041335. Registered Company No: 2732325.