[cma-l] comty radio and campaigning

jaqui devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Mon Jan 10 15:04:30 GMT 2011

Hi Julian

One of the things surely in the remit of com radio is to hold the
executive to account, locally regionally and nationally.  So in our
opinion so long as you do a "we asked the Council for comment and the
chance to put their point of view" bit then you should be OK.  Many CR
stations have campaigned on local issues successfully without any
comeback under the impartiality rules.  Maybe as well use the "big
society" thing and ask the Council to help local people to take over
the libraries!

Best wishes

Jaqui

--