[cma-l] Local election interviews

Cheryl Buggy cherylbuggy at expressfm.com
Mon Feb 28 11:17:37 GMT 2011

Hi we do this every year here at Express FM in Portsmouth [for past 4 years]
Rob James our Station Manager can help with advice.
Regards
Cheryl Buggy

On 28 February 2011 10:24, <andrew.wass at talk21.com> wrote:

> Hi Trevor,
> Not heard of this before, and no expert but here are some
> thoughts..........Has the election been 'declared' yet? date announced,
> candidates announced etc..... If *not* is he/she refering to the period
> until that point, that seems fair enough (you wouldn't know whos'
> standing untill this point)  If not and collectively they have no intention
> of talking to the media at all before election day this seems absolutely
> wrong and denies voters the right to hear from and question their
> representatives!
> There will be a named person who is organising the election at the Council
> (can't recall their pre-election title, but they are also the returning
> officer on the night!) We had some procedural questions about an election
> and found that person very knowledgable about the law and process, he/she
> may also hold a lot of influence with the parties standing for election.
>
> Might be worth approaching the Local Government Association and/or Ofcom
> legal dept (again I've found helpful) or look up the
> Representative of the Peoples Act !! Take your findings to them and see if
> they change their minds! If not I'm sure there would be a wider interest in
> their collective stance to accountability! Don't let them off the
> hook ...... and good luck!
>

> Best Wishes
> Andy Wass
> The Panjabi Centre/Desi Radio

Cheryl Buggy Station Director Express FM 07968 590714

Express FM (Portsmouth) Ltd
Registered in England No 5265112
The Wiltshire Building
Hampshire Terrace