[cma-l] charity status

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Sat Feb 5 14:14:09 GMT 2011

Good lad Eddie ! ....... I think you could possibly right on this one, it is
exactly what I was thinking.

By the way .. ME !           Sounding off !                       Never !
er ??  well ??    possibly you're right !?

Take away the professional bumphffffff ----   and the lawers literature, I
would say that we're very charitable,

1)       We haven't got two 'ape-nees' to scratch our arses with!

2)       We're as poor as a Church mouse!

3)       Everything we do, we do it for nowt'!

4)       We make no profit at all!

5)       And we deliver projects and ventures to young people, excluded
youngsters, elderly people, people with disabilities - etc ------ and if
we've got no money, we do it voluntariliy ........ now unless the Lawyers,
Solicitors, Charity commision big wigs, Government ministers etc think that
this doesn't warrant 'A Charity' or 'Charitable' .... then I'm out of ideas
I'm afraid???? .......... however, being the sceptic that I am (never used
to be untill I got involved with CR)  I would imagine that someone somewhere
is looking at this situation from the complete wrong end/other end of the
drain-spout !

Nevermind though guys, we should be used to it by now.

Regards

Nick ......... I think we'll give it another go anyway.

Oh by the way ..... the saga with the local College ...... there is closure,
the lady got back to me. She had no alternative actually, I'd backed her
into a corner .. the real reasons as to why they do nothing with us and
furthermore give us nowt' are as follows:-

1) The college media courses only incorporate artistic design, magazine
prep', reporting ...... the journalism doesn't stretch anywhere near enough
to 'radio' .. however, this is actually a contradiction of our original
approach .... And I think they have completely missed the point !?
we were saying ''yes, we understand this'' ''but'' ''we can provide this for
you'' ....... it appears yet again that it has gone straight over the top of
their heads ?!

2) Furthermore (AND MOST IMPORTANTLY)          refer back to my sounding
offs ..... PERCEPTION is an issue ...... The exact wording that was used was
that the local commercial station has a 'substantial listenership' and they
choose to spend their money where it is most effective .......... ER ?
actually    WRONG !                      the commercial radio listenership
considering that they have been around for 15 years is bloody dreadful, and,
the perception that no one listens to us is NOT correct ..... !

However, as I have said ......... We can no longer sustain donors and
sponsors because their patience has run out and we can't offer them anymore
. (restrictions etc)      THIS IS NOW A FACT !                PROVEN BY US
(CCR) !                 secondly .... We have lost lots of listeners BACK to
the commercial cowboys due to the FACT that people can't hear us !
having to stand holding up a coathanger on top of the wardrobe in the back
bedroom or nipping outside to shed in -6 temperatures isn't exactly
everyones cup o' tea regarding radio listening.            25 watts in a
hilly area is not ideal ...... PROVEN ONCE AGAIN BY US !

Anyway, enough sounding off again, back to the drawing board we go .... but
the FACT remains that the longer it trawls on, the nearer to the abyss we
go.

Jeremy Hunt (er Nero) stands fiddling whilst (Rome) = (Community Radio
burns) ...... how's his Community TV going by the way ??    does anyone know
??    in all these cutbacks from the government I find it quite bizarre that
we've got a Minister who is trying to run before he's walking ... In fact as
community radio goes, he ain't even walking . he's shuffling.

Bye for now                        LOL

  _____