[cma-l] Copyright Changes Proposed

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 3 16:01:36 BST 2011

As I have said many times before, my own feeling is that copying per se should neither be illegal nor require a licence.
Only when music - or any other recorded material - is used for clear monetary advantage should Copyright and Royalty aspects come into play.
In radio terms this means that the function of MCPS would disappear - and about time too!

Ian Hickling
Partner
transplan UK