[cma-l] Copyright Changes Proposed

Tony Bailey studio at ravensoundradio.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 17:00:21 BST 2011

An allowance exists for "private" public performance so it makes sense
to allow private copying, which already applies to documents. I think
there has already been a judgement somewhere that the "cloud" internet
companies (BT Vault?) are not liable for their customers copyright files.

Generally, copyright is an inherent right which is recognised in law, so
any exceptions would require legislation - don't hold your breath!

Tony Bailey

Local Reports and Vintage Tunes 24/7 at www.ravensoundradio.co.uk

Raven Sound PO Box 1062 Bromley BR1 9QA UK
Tel: (020) 8466 8060  Int: + 44 20 84 66 80 60
Skype: ravensound

Raven Sound is a voluntary sector community media project

This email is for the addressee(s) only and may be confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email
and immediately delete this email. No guarantee is provided that this
email or any attachments are free of viruses.