[cma-l] Copyright Changes Proposed

Two Lochs Radio tlr at gairloch.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 12:58:03 BST 2011

A superb idea in principle, but the legal costs and practical hurdles could be huge. The incumbents are also well placed and funded to lobby government and appear before the Copyright Tribunal to object to a new entrant.

Finally the biggest hurdle is that all the artists and record companies would have to sign up to the scheme, which again no doubt the incumbents would heavily pressure them not to do even if they were inclined to do so.

Alex