[cma-l] Copyright Changes Proposed

Martin Steers martin at martinsteers.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 12:27:52 BST 2011

fantastic idea trevor, but what it requires is the agreement of all record
labels and artists onto the alternative which is how PPL, PRS etc has the
monopoly as the companies are not going to agree to getting less by coming
to us.. or you might get some but unless you have them all it wont work.

What we should do as a collective is make sure we are keeping the fees down
(or getting them lowered) or maybe (IF we want to) asking to have full log
audits and paying for what you use.. as a side note do your local artists
known about PPL and PRS and are they registered to receive money?