[cma-l] The Guardian: Activate Summit 2011

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Wed Apr 20 11:20:09 BST 2011

<http://preview.smartfocusdigital.com/go.asp?/bGUA001/mTCM6HYM1/q2UM6HYM1/u6ZCWUXM1/xHBVFHYM1/cutf%2D8>

Dear Supporters

The Community Media Association is delighted to be an official marketing
partner of the Guardian's Activate
Summit<http://preview.smartfocusdigital.com/go.asp?/bGUA001/mTCM6HYM1/qT3DFHYM1/u6ZCWUXM1/xHBVFHYM1/cutf%2D8>which
returns to
*London* on *22 June* for a unique day of ideas, inspiration and insight
into the way technology is shaping our global future.

In the twelve months since Google's Eric Schmidt closed the 2010 Activate
Summit we've already witnessed numerous examples of the influence of the web
on global society; governments have been toppled, citizens have been
empowered, businesses have been built and markets have crumbled.

Understanding the opportunities and threats these profound changes cast up
is of paramount importance to business, society and humanity

And that's where
Activate<http://preview.smartfocusdigital.com/go.asp?/bGUA001/mTCM6HYM1/qKLVFHYM1/u6ZCWUXM1/xHBVFHYM1/cutf%2D8>comes
in...

Once again we're securing some of the most influential figures to discuss
and debate the critical issues driving a more connected and collaborative
planet including:

Alec Ross, senior advisor for innovation, *US State Dept*
Zaw Thet, chairman & founder, *Palindrome Advisors*
Andy Baio, project director, *Expert Labs*
Perry Chen, co-founder & CEO, *Kickstarter*
Michael Birch, founder, Jolitics and chief monkey, *Monkey Inferno*
Rose Dowling, director, *The SHM Foundation*
Sobia Hamed, founder, *DataGiving*
Jamie Drummond, executive director, *One*
Salem Avan, chief information systems officer, *UN Peacekeeping*
Joel Selenakio, founder, *DataDyne*
Rakesh Rajani, founder, Twaweza

Don't forget, if you book before 29 April you'll save 20% on the standard
delegate rate. Click here <http://www.guardian.co.uk/activate/london> to
find out more.

We look forward to seeing you on the *22 June.*

*Robin Hough*
Head of media and technology events,
The Guardian

For programme updates, the latest speakers news and exclusive Activate 2011
speaker content follow us on
Twitter<http://preview.smartfocusdigital.com/go.asp?/bGUA001/mTCM6HYM1/q2L4XHYM1/u6ZCWUXM1/xHBVFHYM1/cutf%2D8>,
LinkedIn<http://preview.smartfocusdigital.com/go.asp?/bGUA001/mTCM6HYM1/qTUMXHYM1/u6ZCWUXM1/xHBVFHYM1/cutf%2D8>and
Facebook<http://preview.smartfocusdigital.com/go.asp?/bGUA001/mTCM6HYM1/qTLD6HYM1/u6ZCWUXM1/xHBVFHYM1/cutf%2D8>
.

<http://preview.smartfocusdigital.com/go.asp?/bGUA001/mTCM6HYM1/qK34FHYM1/u6ZCWUXM1/xHBVFHYM1/cutf%2D8>

<http://preview.smartfocusdigital.com/go.asp?/bGUA001/mTCM6HYM1/qBLMFHYM1/u6ZCWUXM1/xHBVFHYM1/cutf%2D8>

<http://preview.smartfocusdigital.com/go.asp?/bGUA001/mTCM6HYM1/q23DOHYM1/u6ZCWUXM1/xHBVFHYM1/cutf%2D8>

<http://preview.smartfocusdigital.com/go.asp?/bGUA001/mTCM6HYM1/qTCVOHYM1/u6ZCWUXM1/xHBVFHYM1/cutf%2D8>

  <http://preview.smartfocusdigital.com/go.asp?/bGUA001/mTCM6HYM1/qKUDXHYM1/u6ZCWUXM1/xHBVFHYM1/cutf%2D8>

Guardian Media Group PLC. Registered Office: PO Box 68164, Kings Place, 90
York Way, London, N1P 2AP.
Registered in England No. 908396