[cma-l] Ofcom update: Developing a framework for the long term future of UHF TV spectrum.

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Wed Apr 20 12:02:14 BST 2011

Dear All

Eh up !           here we go again ......... mithering about TV whilst the
Community Radio sector scrapes along on it's backside.

Well 16 Stations are ........ some ''I'm alright Jacks'' ain't bothered and
some do care but sadly can't do anything about it.

Just to prove that this IS REAL and that it is NOT a dream or a mirage, we
are now potentially losing some Presenters to Community Stations .... I
could understand the commercials as it is a step up the ladder of so called
radio success, and one of the reasons why we are here to provide training
and enhance ambition of individuals whilst serving our communities .......
but !          one community station can advertise and another can't ... so
the playing is uneven with everyone, nevermind outside the sector, but
within it as well.

We lost another sponsor last week by the way to the commercial station who
appear at the moment to be making an aggressive attack on what few
supporters we now have left ....????

It's a disgrace, a balls-up and a shambles and those people who sat round
that table 8 years ago and passed this bill want packing off to Siberia.

I'd like to know who they are as my typewriter's ready to give em' an
absolute corker !
No news on the Jeremy Hunt front yet ... he has received another letter from
our MP's .... I'll keep you posted.

Regards

Nick