[cma-l] Station raises £80k for floods

Javed Sattar javed at awazfm.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 17:57:07 BST 2010

Well done to Jabbar and his team in Radio Asian Fever, fantastic amount, it shows the power of CR stations what can be achieved.

Likewise we had a team of 80+ runners in the Great Scottish Run (from volunteers, community, ministers, councillors etc) and we managed to raise £15K, not as much as RAF. However we tend not to do on-air programs as we would be in undated with too many organisations wanting the same service, also we don’t want to step into Radio Ramadhan area, so we place the sensible big brother :)

It would be nice to know how many CR stations have raised money for the DEC Pakistan Flood Appeal.

Javed