[cma-l] DAB Switchover

Tony Bailey studio at ravensoundradio.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 14:28:37 BST 2010

If you want a peer to peer system, try Streamer, it's a tree based daisy
chain and the only downside seems to be an effective bit rate reduction
caused by sharing the stream around - it simply means using less bits,
if your listeners are watching their bills, something you would need to
do anyway if you are paying for the bandwidth on a shoutcast server.

It's very easy to set up and runs happily alongside your primary audio
server.  It's only windows, although I run it on a Linux server using
Wine.  It doesn't even need a fixed IP address, although if you have a
router it works better if you set up port forwarding.

http://www.streamerp2p.com/

Tony Bailey

--
Raven Sound PO Box 1062 Bromley BR1 9QA UK
Tel: (020) 8466 8060  Int: + 44 20 84 66 80 60

Raven Sound is a voluntary sector community media project
www.ravensoundradio.co.uk