[cma-l] BBC RadioPlayer launch announced - and HD Radio too!

Martin Steers martin at martinsteers.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 01:04:48 BST 2010

The reason its "licensed stations only" is in some sense so they can rely on and
guarantee the quality of the broadcast (as any licensed station should be
working within ofcom code etc) they cant be seen promoting un-regulated internet
radio.

I think the radio player is an interesting concept, and would recommend all
licensed stations (commerical, student, community and even hospital) to consider
being part of it.. there has been alot of talk and hype about the radio player
and it this multi-platform / diverse world any and all opportunity for listeners
to listen and engage should be embraced.

Martin

Martin Steers