[cma-l] Ad Agencies - Concept stage

Tom Buckham t.buckham at futureradio.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 19:14:07 GMT 2010

Hi all

This sounds like a great idea from Alan and the Bay Radio team, and we'd certainly be interested in getting involved/supporting it.

We've been fairly active in terms of running audience research in recent times, and have managed to run an independent listener survey each year using a local research company. Each survey has provided us with some really useful data on our weekly reach, certain (limited) demographic information and also what listenership of other local stations tends to be like.

We were fortunate as there was a locally based startup research company who we made contact with, so the cost for running the surveys (and being given a comprehensive analysis of the data) has been manageable. We use volunteers to cover our broadcast area for two day of surveying, usually in spring when the weather is better!

There'll be plenty of info appearing on the communityradiotoolkit.net site soon about audience research I gather, so hopefully this will help other stations draw in this information.

Going back to the starting point of the discussion though it's definitely an area of revenue the sector needs to explore - I'd imagine there will be difficulties (we had little encouragement from the C.O.I's marketing team when we contacted them), but we should persist!

All the best,

Tom Buckham
Station Manager
Future Radio
Tel: 01603 455250 Fax: 01603 508096
Future Radio, Future Projects, 168b Motum Rd, Norwich, Norfolk, NR5 8EG.
www.futureradio.co.uk<http://www.futureradio.co.uk>
[cid:image002.gif at 01CB79F8.F488AFC0][cid:image003.gif at 01CB79F8.F488AFC0][cid:image004.gif at 01CB79F8.F488AFC0]
Future Projects is a social inclusion charity for young people and adults in Norwich and Norfolk.
Registered charity number 1103200
Before printing, think about the environment
P It takes 24 trees to produce 1 ton of office paper!
Please note that Internet email is not a fully secure method of communication. You should be aware of this lack of security when emailing us.