[cma-l] Mem of Agreement

Trevor Lockwood trevor at felixstoweradio.co.uk
Thu May 20 11:12:13 BST 2010

The BBC consistently talks about 'The BBC and the commercial radio
industry' but never mentions community radio.

They must be reminded of the Memorandum of Agreement they signed with CMA -
and asked to include community media in their inclusive statements.
Community media is a significant player, and we must sure that message is
always hammered home.

Whenever community radio/media is not mentioned (in an appropriate context)
we should deluge the BBC 'Feedback', online forums and elsewhere (including
the DG and Culture Secretary) and the media (including ourselves) with
reminders of our existence - perhaps pointing out that the minimal research
conducted so far suggests that community stations really do have a loyal
following, and are exactly what the new coalition government need to ensure
proper public involvement.

Pleas made in back rooms can easily be ignored.
TREVOR LOCKWOOD
Chairman
Felixstowe Radio [1]
3 Great Eastern Square