[cma-l] Organising Funding

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Mon May 17 13:38:57 BST 2010

Peter

I'm sorry if I appear to have been rude about "Academics"!

You have a good point there that I would positively support.

There appears to be no central reference point for, or organisation of, funding for Community Media - and certainly not for Radio.

Some CR operators in some areas seem to have got the bit between their teeth, but most are struggling - some even floundering.

There also needs to be some positive guidance as to how to balance off funding and advertising/sponsorship and how to get the best out of the "get-out clauses" that exist.

That together with contined lobbying of the Goverment for relaxation of Ofcom's rules on the structuring of commercial revenues.

Ian Hickling

Partner

transplan UK