[cma-l] Frustrated campaigning

Marilyn Hyndman marilyn at northernvisions.org
Mon May 17 10:18:03 BST 2010

Hi Peter,

Yes, I think so and try to thrash out what research and development
should consist of  via the list? I think you would need people's input
on their local/regional situation and it would help the sector to have
ownership of any research undertaken... but probably need a time limit
on this as some issues are pressing?

Local public service/purpose media or community media, this comes up a
lot, people use different terms although I think we all mean the same
thing as far as television is concerned. It might be good to unpick
that ... I like community media because it is absolutely aligned in
the public imagination with not for profits and public good... local
public service more ambiguous, although I believe that is what is
meant in reality. I'm all for local public service television by the
way, no quibbles over the concept, just terminology and how it is
taken up by the public and by state authorities etc.

Should this be on the members only list?

Best wishes,
Marilyn

Live on line: www.nvtv.co.uk

www.northernvisions.org