[cma-l] Celebrate with Shut Up and Listen - Brighton

Tamar Millen tamar.millen at commedia.org.uk
Thu Jun 10 13:48:55 BST 2010

Carousel’s new radio show Shut Up and Listen! is the only place on the
radio to hear music exclusively made by artists with a learning
disability.  Shut Up and Listen! is programmed and presented by us, a
committee of learning disabled artists.  We want to celebrate and
promote learning disabled music to a wider audience.

Shut Up and Listen! has produced and broadcast a series of monthly pilot
programmes on Brighton’s Radio Reverb and via the internet at
www.shutUpandlisten.org.uk

We would like to invite you to join us on Tuesday 29th June at an event
to launch the first full series of the show.

“I’m really proud of our radio show, I want it to be really big!” – DJ JJ

This event will be an opportunity for members of the local arts, music
and radio community to join us to learn more about the show, meet the
DJs and the Shut Up and Listen! committee and enjoy some of the exciting
original, music that is making a real impact on the learning disabled
club scene including a live unplugged performance by Beat Express.

The event will take place at The Lighthouse, 1, Zone B, 28 Kensington
Street, Brighton, BN1 4AJ from 5:30-7pm.  Drinks and buffet snacks will
be provided.

We look forward to seeing you there!

JJ, James, Ryan, Chris and Luc

The Shut Up and Listen! Steering Committee.

www.shutUpandlisten.org.uk

Carousel, Community Base, 113 Queen’s Road, BN1 3XG

RSVP to sual at carousel.org.uk	01273 234734

--
Tamar Millen
Arts Co-ordinator