[cma-l] Refugee Week Radio / Simple Acts - say a few things in a new language

Cathy Aitchison cathy.aitchison at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 7 12:08:28 BST 2010

Bonjour, comment allez-vous aujourd'hui?
Hello, how are you today?
One of the small actions which you can find on the Simple Acts website is to learn to say a few things in a new language.

Do people in your area speak different languages? If you're involved with a community radio station or media group, why not ask some of your volunteers to collect greetings and voxpops which you can then use on air during Refugee Week. If you want to make them available for sharing, send them to us as soon as possible, either as a montage or as separate clips.

There are a few for starters on our website here which you are welcome to use:
http://rwradio.wordpress.com/2010/06/07/say-a-few-things-in-a-new-language/ including
- hello, how are you? in French, Swahili and Somali
- welcome to London in Urdu,Telugu and Somali
- welcome to Croydon in Hindi and Ibu

If you use them, please let us know.
And we look forward to receiving your contributions.

With best wishes
Cathy Aitchison
Refugee Week Radio
http://rwradio.wordpress.com