[cma-l] Refugee Week/Simple Acts - call for audio readings of stories

Cathy Aitchison cathy.aitchison at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 6 08:28:45 BST 2010

Hello everyone
Do you have a good voice for reading stories?

If so, please could you contribute to Refugee Week Radio by recording yourself reading one or more of the stories on the Simple Acts website (http://www.simpleacts.org.uk ).

Simple Acts is an ongoing campaign from the Refugee Week team which encourages people to carry out small, simple actions to help change the way refugees are perceived in the UK.

Act no. 2 is 'Tell a child a story from another country'.
see http://www.refugeeweek.org.uk/simple-acts/twenty-acts/tell-a-child-a-story.htm
We've recorded and loaded 4 of the stories (read by Women's Radio Group member Philippa Sawyer) - these are available to download and use here http://rwradio.wordpress.com/2010/06/04/stories1/

Now we'd like to add some more, perhaps read by you and produced by your organisation. Sorry, but there's no fee available, and you must allow them to be shared under a Creative Commons Licence - but we will credit you (and include a link to your website if applicable). NB: please don't add any music or station idents (although you are welcome to send idents in a separate file.)

If you can do this, please get in touch as soon as possible. Please also let us know if you plan to use any of the stories - or any of the audio to share - on your not-for-profit radio programme or website, and we'll add you to the list.

Thank you.
Cathy Aitchison
London Link Radio / Refugee Week Radio
http://rwradio.wordpress.com