[cma-l] watching and observing with interest

Gary Jackson gary.jackson at skyline.fm
Tue Jul 27 15:30:23 BST 2010

On 26/07/2010 18:07, Murray Dawson wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> How much do you suggest that we should pay the manager of a Community
> Radio Station, or a Community Capacity worker?
> You imply that over £20k is way over the odds..........

Hi Murray,

A community radio station need not require a paid manager in the first
place, as shown by those stations which have already posted in answer to
the question how many stations don't pay anyone.

And why are you comparing the remuneration of a Community Radio Station
Manager with an equivalent post in the public sector? If you are going
to compare it with anything I believe it should possibly be compared
with the remuneration of a small commercial radio station manager.
That's a far more logical fit.

It's just a shame that as some of us have to apply for grants to
survive, we seem to be saddled with a "public sector mentality". I would
far prefer a leaner commercial sector approach.

Gary