[cma-l] watching and observing with interest

Murray Dawson murray at shmu.org.uk
Tue Jul 27 16:30:45 BST 2010

Gary,

I absolutely agree that it is not essential to have paid staff, but
we/you shouldn't criticise those who do.
I could have compared the pay scale with a number of sectors (it was
merely an example).

I firmly believe that our sector deserves to be funded to deliver the
support to the communities that it does - and as an organisation (which
is volunteer led, with volunteers on the Board) we have gone out to
attempt to secure that funding in order to deliver the work.

We have been successful in secure investment in the work of our
organisation - as I believe others could/should be (but only if that is
the model that they, and their membership, choose).   An important point
to note though is that we receive no funding to support the radio
station (or broadcasting) itself - we secure investment related to
outcomes - of which Radio (and Video, Publications, Online & Music work)
play a unique and essential role.

Thanks

Murray

please reply to
murray at shmu.org.uk

Murray Dawson
Project Director
Station House Media Unit
Station Road, Woodside,
Aberdeen  AB24 2WB
Tel - 01224 515013

www.shmu.org.uk

listen to our community radio station live on 99.8FM and at www.shmufm.net

SHMU is a charity registered in Scotland - SC034211 and a registered Limited Company - SC332413

This message is not intended to have contractual effect