[cma-l] watching and observing with interest

Murray Dawson murray at shmu.org.uk
Mon Jul 26 18:07:38 BST 2010

Hi Gary,

How much do you suggest that we should pay the manager of a Community
Radio Station, or a Community Capacity worker?
You imply that over £20k is way over the odds..........

I believe we should be aiming to pay at the same rate as an equivalent
post in the public sector - if at all possible (which is not always the
case).
The work is the same (if not harder) and the remuneration should
recognise this.

Finding a source for sustainable income in order to meet those costs is
of course a different matter (but not impossible).

Regards

Murray

please reply to
murray at shmu.org.uk

Murray Dawson
Project Director
Station House Media Unit
Station Road, Woodside,
Aberdeen  AB24 2WB
Tel - 01224 515013

www.shmu.org.uk

listen to our community radio station live on 99.8FM and at www.shmufm.net

SHMU is a charity registered in Scotland - SC034211 and a registered Limited Company - SC332413

This message is not intended to have contractual effect