[cma-l] Mediabox - Love em or hate em?

Phil Gibbons BCfm 93.2fm phil at bcfm.org.uk
Tue Jul 6 10:52:35 BST 2010

Mediabox have funded many projects from the Community media sector which is
great. We at BCfm received a small amount of money to work with some young
people earlier this year.

How many of us now regret ever being involved with this funder?

Since our project finished three months ago (far exceeding the outcomes set
out in the agreement), Mediabox, Under the name First light, have been
continually asking for extra pieces of evaluation, justification and
paperwork which is actually taking more time than the initial project did.

Has anyone else had this problem with Mediabox?

I am willing to put a case together to ask First Light about their
procedures and to help them in any future funding they may be involved with
so it can work better for both parties.

I would like to meet with First Light on behalf of CMA members so need some
case studies.

No need to post to everyone, but directly to me would be great.

Thanks

Phil

Phil Gibbons - Station Manager
phil at bcfm.org.uk

Bristol's Community radio station - Your voice - Your choice!
93.2fm in Bristol
Online at: www.bcfm.org.uk

0560 1126659 - Office
0117 9553721 - Studio

www.bcfm.org.uk

The Beacon Centre
City Academy Bristol
Russell Town Avenue
Bristol
BS5 9JH

Bristol Community Fm LTD No. 05377534. Registered Charity No: 1123827
Registered Address: The Beacon Centre, City Academy Bristol, Russell Town
Avenue, Bristol, BS5 9JH.  This email is confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. The contents of this
message will not be in any way binding upon BCfm Ltd.    If you are not the
intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error
and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.   The information contained in this email may
be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

Member of the Community Media Association
www.commedia.org.uk