[cma-l] Interference Complaints transferred to the BBC

Clive Glover clive.glover at lineone.net
Mon Jul 5 17:48:17 BST 2010

Weird but apparently true.

We have lots of problems with pirate broadcasters interfering with our signal so make complaints to OFCOM virtually every week.

But suddenly there is a notice on OFCOM's website saying that all complaints about interference should now be sent to the BBC!  The same message was given to us when we phoned our OFCOM contacts. But (surprise!) we couldn't find anyone at the BBC who was aware of this...

Surely such a significant change should have been subject to consultation?

Anyone know anything about this please?

Clive Glover

Radio Verulam 92.6 FM
St Albans