[cma-l] "Platform Neutral"

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 15 09:34:53 GMT 2010

The term "platform neutral" is not really appropriate and is unfortunately all too typical of phraseology invented to serve a purpose which either by design or in ignorance isn't the right one.

We don't need "platform neutral".

In technical terms of chipset design, that isn't possible.

We need "platform comprehensive".

But we can't achieve that until all the likely platforms are identified and internationally agreed!

As we're in a communications medium, we should be communicating accurately.

Ian Hickling
Partner

transplan UK