[cma-l] Local radio stations frozen out.

Marilyn Hyndman marilyn at northernvisions.org
Thu Jan 14 10:04:32 GMT 2010

perhaps we could include community television in the road map too...

On 14 Jan 2010, at 09:34, Jaqui Devereux wrote:

> Dear all
>
> Alex has hit all the nails on the head!  What we really need is a
> commitment to a "roadmap" for community radio (and prob small
> commercial
> stations too) for the future of FM (including increased power/range
> for
> stations currently on AM) and for those of you who would like to go
> digital.
>
> We are a long way off from migration even for the national stations
> (DAB
> coverage, multiplex capacity etc).  The CMA wants to campaign for the
> migration to go ahead SO LONG AS there is overt commitment to the
> future
> of our sector, whatever the platform.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Jaqui
>

> Two Lochs Radio wrote:
>>> Subject: [cma-l] Local radio stations frozen out of digital
>>> switchover debate, says MP
>>>
>>> Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/jan/13/local-radio-digital-switchover

Marilyn Hyndman
Northern Visions/NvTv
23 Donegall Street
Belfast
BT1 2FF

Tel: 028 9024 5495 ext 207
Fax: 028 9032 6608

NvTv
Belfast Community Television
Free-to-Air on Channel 62/Freq:799.276MHz
Live on line: www.nvtv.co.uk

www.northernvisions.org