[cma-l] Local radio stations frozen out.

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Thu Jan 14 09:34:25 GMT 2010

Dear all

Alex has hit all the nails on the head!  What we really need is a
commitment to a "roadmap" for community radio (and prob small commercial
stations too) for the future of FM (including increased power/range for
stations currently on AM) and for those of you who would like to go
digital.

We are a long way off from migration even for the national stations (DAB
coverage, multiplex capacity etc).  The CMA wants to campaign for the
migration to go ahead SO LONG AS there is overt commitment to the future
of our sector, whatever the platform.

Best wishes

Jaqui

Two Lochs Radio wrote:
>> Subject: [cma-l] Local radio stations frozen out of digital switchover debate, says MP
>>
>> Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/jan/13/local-radio-digital-switchover

Jaqui Devereux

Director
Community Media Association

15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX

+44 114 279 5219

See our 2010 photo blog:

http://photo365.commedia.org.uk/

Join the CMA now for discounts, networking,
workshops, streaming, information, support
and a voice for community media

www.commedia.org.uk

Access to the media for people and communities