[cma-l] Update and Thanks

Humzah Al-Akku humzah.kanan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 03:06:52 GMT 2010

Hi All

Firstly I'd like to thank everyone for their prompt response to my call for
help. I have received a lot of useful and interesting material and Im sure
it will prove helpful as I start down the community radio path. Having
received such a wide-range of help and material I feel I should probably
narrow down what exactly it is I needed help with.

I am running 8 workshops, once a week for 2 hours, for school children aged
10-14 on general topics concerning radio presenting - I am not training
volunteers for the online radio station. Hence, subjects include -
script-writing for radio, interviewing, vox-pop, dos and donts of radio
presenting and other general areas. This is more a series of lessons/classes
on skills involved in radio presenting. The difficulty i am having is in not
only deciding what exactly to cover with regards each topic but materials,
including worksheets and activities, to make the lessons more fun and
interesting. What and how do I train these youngsters with on radio
presenting?

I have attached the flyer I created when advertising the workshops to help
give a clearer picture of what exactly it was I was planning. I hope it's
useful and I look forward to hearing from you guys. Please continue sending
me whatever you think may prove helpful.

Many thanks again to you all for your help & advice

Kind Regards

Humzah