[cma-l] FW: community radio workers threatened and killed

Phil Shepherd phil at somersetfilm.com
Tue Jan 5 20:23:14 GMT 2010

I am interested in helping to convene a co-production network through which
we could as CMA members and friends speedily respond to news such as the
deeply saddening recent events in El Salvador.  As well as individual
produce short stings / flashes / appeals to be made available to all
community stations wanting to use them.  We already have Get Media as a
resource to help this happen but its the co-production side that needs
developing.  Please let me know via this list if you have any thoughts on
this and if you would attend a planning session on co-content creation and
sharing at or around the date of the CMA AGM on 17th April.

Phil Shepherd
Somerset Film

From: kate wrigley
> <wrigleykate at hotmail.com>

Dear all,

I heard back from Amnesty today (I had
> asked them to look into the
case, and it turns out they already were) - their
> urgent action is
attached.  The threats against the radio workers are quite
> chilling.
Cristina and others at Radio Victoria will be delighted to hear
> from
community media workers in the UK.  I have contacted AMARC.

With best
> wishes,

Kate

> Subject: Re: [cma-l] FW: community radio workers threatened
> and killed
> Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 12:20:53 +0000
>
> Just googling, finding
> some more information:
>
> http://www.share-elsalvador.org/news/082309-action.htm
>

> http://deepdishwavesofchange.blogspot.com/2009/07/death-squad-resurgence-again
> st-radio.html
>

> Report on 27/12/2009 by Kate:
>
> http://www.indymediascotland.org/node/17993
>

> Radio Victoria:
>
> http://www.radiovictoria.org/ingles.htm
>

> On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 09:22:22
> -0000, Al Garthwaite
> <al at southleedscommunityradio.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > Hello
> everyone
> >

> > Please see email below which I have just received. Any
> advice to Kate
> > (email address below) - and indeed to all of us - on what
> action to
> > take, and spreading the word, would be much appreciated.
> >

> > Does anyone else know more about this? AMARC?
> >

> > All best
> wishes
> >

> > Al
> >

> > Director
> > South Leeds Community Radio
> >
> Hillside
> > Beeston Road
> > Leeds LS11 8ND
> > +44 (0) 113 387 6468 / 07957
> 152107
> > al at southleedscommunityradio.org.uk
> >
> www.southleedscommunityradio.org.uk
> >
> > South Leeds Community Radio is a
> company limited by guarantee with
> > charitable aims, no: 06884452
> >

> Listen to our broadcast streaming over the internet on
> >
> www.southleedscommunityradio.org.uk

Community Media Association -