[cma-l] Community Radio Future In Doubt?

Alan Coote alan.coote at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 6 08:46:10 GMT 2010

Surely this sounds alarm bells at the CMA?

>From the Independent News Paper this Sunday.

"The DCMS spokeswoman said there were no plans for a sell-off  [FM Spectrum]
"at the moment", but did not rule it out. "We may come to a situation where
a proportion of bandwidth is no longer required, and will consider possible
other uses for it."

With an estimated £100M - £200M going into the proposed DAB upgrade, should
we not expect space for Community Radio to be included then we're all happy
that FM can be switched off?

Full story here:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/so-who-thinks-dab-is-the-fu
ture-not-enough-of-us-to-make-it-so-2151512.html

Alan

Alan Coote
Managing Director
The Bay Radio
Office 01202 580200
Studio 01202 571028
Mobile 07801 518858

Email alan.coote at thebayradio.com
Web www.thebayradio.com
The Bay Radio, 25B Elliott Road, Bournemouth, BH11 8LQ