[cma-l] Agreements between radio station and transmitter site landlords...

Ian Perry - Erewash Sound ian.perry at erewashsound.co.uk
Thu Oct 22 19:59:45 BST 2009

Hello to all CMA fellow members!

I'd like to enquire amongst the masses as to what agreements other community radio stations have in place with landlords for transmitter installations and what the wording is of those agreements.

>From a very old enquiry, I know that some people enjoy a supportive relationship with landlords and therefore pay a peppercorn rent, whereas others may face larger bills.  However, all of these things need agreements, in whatever way, shape or form.

I would very much welcome any opportunity to view electronic copies of agreements if possible, or at least, an idea of the phraseology used, paragraphs, terms and conditions, factors etc, valuable elements, essential elements.  We have come to a verbal agreement with a landlord for our TX install, but they are keen for us to enquire with fellow CMA members and community broadcasters to help shape the wording of an agreement between us and them, using others as a blueprint, for the benefit of both parties and for the information of the executive board of the landlord.

Everyone's thoughts would be most welcome.

Best wishes and thanks in anticipation,

Ian Perry
for Erewash Sound

Erewash Sound
c/o Bennerley Business & Enterprise College
Bennerley Avenue
Cotmanhay
Ilkeston
Derbyshire