[cma-l] [comradio-l] Radio Academy podcast

Alan Coote alan.coote at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 13 20:44:00 BST 2009

Hi Phil,

The current regulation doesn't create a level playing field for CR and the
more the CMA promote that the sector is content with the regulations the
wider the divide will, come digital switch over.

You will be aware that the vast majority of the current regulations were put
in place to protect commercial interests, not to assist the development of
CR.

The regulations have created what amounts to a cottage industry with 1000s
of people committed to provide a high quality service. If we are to grow,
then we should not encourage any feeling that the regulatory status quo is
in any way satisfactory - it is not.

Alan

Alan Coote

Managing Director