[cma-l] [comradio-l] Radio Academy podcast

Karl Hartland hartland.karl at 209radio.co.uk
Wed Oct 14 16:57:06 BST 2009

I agree largely with what Alan says here.

This is a matter of growing dichotomy within the sector and a coherent
view has to be reached and espoused, starting with the CMA membership
and the process has to be supported by the CMA leadership.

*Q1:*
Hands up on this list who are happy with the Com Radio Order
restrictions? These being mainly funding proportionment and commercial
restrictions, plus permissible FM reach.
*
Q2:*
If you are, in what practical and tangible ways do they aid your project
to achieve 'distinctiveness'?

*Q3:*
If you are not, how do they impact upon your viability, giving real
practical examples?

Karl

Alan Coote wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>

> The current regulation doesn't create a level playing field for CR and
> the more the CMA promote that the sector is content with the
> regulations the wider the divide will, come digital switch over.
>

> You will be aware that the vast majority of the current regulations
> were put in place to protect commercial interests, not to assist the
> development of CR.
>

> The regulations have created what amounts to a cottage industry with
> 1000s of people committed to provide a high quality service. If we are
> to grow, then we should not encourage any feeling that the regulatory
> status quo is in any way satisfactory -- it is not.
>

> Alan
>

> Alan Coote
>
> Managing Director
>
> The Bay Radio
>
> Office 01202 580200
>
> Studio 01202 571028
>
> Mobile 07801 518858
>

> Email alan.coote at thebayradio.com <mailto:alan.coote at thebayradio.com>
>
> Web www.thebayradio.com <http://www.thebayradio.com/>
>

> The-Bay-logo-small.gif

Karl Hartland
209radio Station Manager

105 FM in the Cambridge City Area
http://209radio.co.uk everywhere else!

Citylife House
Sturton Street
Cambridge
CB1 2QF

01223 488418

01223 488410 - new personal direct number!
07968 898254

209radio is a Registered Charity in England, No. 1124610,
and a Company Limited by Guarantee, No. 5585527

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of 209radio Ltd.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone.