[cma-l] Update re community media and the COI

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Thu Oct 1 12:46:36 BST 2009

Dear all

Just to let you know that the COI are very interested in exploring the
use of community media further, particularly to increase connection with
communities they describe as "hard to reach"!  The discussion was mainly
around the model they might use when engaging with the sector e.g. SLA
with the CMA etc, as they did pick up strongly that for our sector a
straight "here's your ad, just play it nnn times" would not really work,
either for you or your audience.

We need to submit the business case to them, based not on audience size
but on demographics.  Soon I will be sending you a short questionnaire
to try to capture this.  In the meantime, if you have further thoughts
on what sort of arrangements would best suit you, please let me know.

With best wishes

Jaqui

--
Jaqui Devereux

Director
Community Media Association

15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX

+44 114 279 5219

Join the CMA now for discounts, networking,
workshops, streaming, information, support
and a voice for community media

www.commedia.org.uk

Access to the media for people and communities