[cma-l] [comradio-l] Community Radio & the Sony Radio Academy Awards

Steven Suttie Stevensuttie at aol.com
Mon Feb 23 18:02:03 GMT 2009

Hi Alan,

We don't employ any presenters at Salford, we have 120 volunteers on air
a week - My point is about us volunteer-based community stations getting
a look in at the Radio Academy Awards?

If you employ presenters on your community radio station - then I'm sure
you can already enter the awards as a commercial outfit.

My idea of a "volunteer produced radio" award would be to completely
eliminate "paid" presenters from the category, thus creating a genuine
"community" award that would be picked up by a genuine practitioner of
the sector.

Kindest Regards
Steve Suttie
Station Manager, 94.4FM Salford City Radio
office 0161 793 2939 / mobile 07772 355 852
http://www.salfordcityradio.org
THE GOLD BREAKFAST - 7-10AM Monday to Friday