[cma-l] [comradio-l] Community Radio & the Sony Radio Academy Awards

Richard Hilton richard.hilton at bitc.org.uk
Mon Feb 23 17:59:57 GMT 2009

All this talk about creating a 35th Sony Award reminded me about the
recent Grammy's - the music awards in the USA.  Loads of publicity in
the press but did you realize there are 110 Grammy categories!?  I was
interested as one of my favourite bands were up for an award albeit in
category 77 (they won as well!). But surely it devalues the whole
process to have so many categories?

Even at 34 awards The Sony Awards begins to sound overcrowded.  We
should be more confident about what we do and shouldn't settle for the
an award that might look like a ghetto award added on at the end.  It's
time to have confidence in what makes us so special and go head to head
against the so-called professionals.

Richard Hilton
Business in the Community
Registered Office 137 Shepherdess Walk, London N1 7RQ
Registered Charity No 297716
Company Limited by Guarantee Registered in England and Wales No 1619253

Please access the attached hyperlink for an important electronic
communications disclaimer:

http://www.bitc.org.uk/fulldisclaimer