[cma-l] One World Media Awards 2009

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Tue Feb 10 10:39:31 GMT 2009

Fwd:

Are you aged 16-21, and interested in the media and young people's
issues around the world?

You could sit on the One World Youth Jury and choose the media that
changes people's minds

The One World Media Awards is a leading awards event in the UK. It's
open to films, radio programmes, newspaper articles and websites, and
it's there to recognise the best media coverage of the developing
world. The Awards are presented in a televised ceremony each year by
Jon Snow of Channel 4 News.

The One World Media Awards are made up of 12 categories, and each has
its own jury panel. Right now we're looking for four young people to
judge one of the awards – the Children's Rights Award, sponsored by
Unicef. It's for media that acknowledges the voices of young people in
the developing world. In 2008, the winner was China's Stolen Children,
a major documentary on Channel 4 about the trafficking of children in
China.

Could you be one of our young judges? We're running a competition to
find them – and if you are selected, you'll participate in a day of
media workshops, followed by the jury meeting. You'll also be invited
to the awards ceremony in June, where you'll meet Jon Snow and present
the award.

Go to http://www.oneworldmediaawards.org and click on the link for the
One World Youth Jury to find out more. Also, please find attached a
simple flyer and poster, which you are welcome to use in publicising
the initiative, and the entry form.

The closing date for the competition is Monday 9th March. Good luck!

One World Media Awards Team

Email: info at oneworldmediaawards.org
Phone: 020 7922 7943
---