[cma-l] advertising rates reference

chrissymoog chrissymoog at higherrhythm.co.uk
Fri Aug 7 11:29:09 BST 2009

Hello to everyone...

I just need a bit of guidance with advertising rates. I have been trying
to research the rate cards of commercial radio stations for reference
but not having any luck. Would anyone have an idea of how much most
commercial radio stations charge for ad slots? How do they differ with
the rates that community radio stations charge?

Advertising is still one of the main problems in our sector, people do
not realize the community radio stations actually cover "majority" of
the listeners because of the diverse programming we offer compared to a
very narrow  target of most commercial radio stations, i.e. 16-24, etc.
Has there been a study on how effective advertising in community radio
stations are? I know that there are some research done by OFCOM and RAB
about the effectiveness of advertising in radio, but it only involved
Commercial Radio stations.

Thanks in advance!

Chrissy

Chrissy Moog