[cma-l] Community Radio and the Sony Radio Academy Awards: 02/12/08, Bristol

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Fri Nov 7 16:18:30 GMT 2008

Hi

Community Radio is here to stay and we have got our feet firmly under
the table of the Media Industry now.  However it has been suggested that
the results of last year's Sony Radio Academy awards did not reflect our
efforts as a sector at all.

- Was it because we didn't enter? If not why not?
- Was it because we just didn't meet the judging standards?
- Should community radio have a separate category?
- Should community radio be associated with these very commercial awards?

Tim Blackmore, Chairman of the Sony Radio Academy Awards would like the
opportunity to hear the concerns from the Community Radio Industry.

You are invited to meet with Tim on Tuesday 2nd December in Bristol at
2pm to air your views.

If you would like to attend please reply to joanne at bcfm.org.uk - places
are limited therefore this will be on a first come first serve basis.

The event is free, although parking on the premises is £5.

A map can be found in the link below:

http://www.encosystems.co.uk/sonyaward/index.html